Linda's Why I like Art - someone send

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat May 10 2003 - 09:27:13 PDT

Please someone re-post Linda's "Why I like Art". Her message never got to
me. I also didn't get the "My School is Closing" but was able to read the
snippets in the replies. My heart definitely goes out to you and your
district, Carolyn (and everyone else with budget cuts and program cuts --
the news is definitely depressing. My husband just got riffed, too - so I
feel your pain).

Try to send Linda's post to the list - so all know it was sent. If I still
don't get it. I will "bug" Linda off list. I, too, save sooooo much of what
she says....and what I don't save is always I good read.

> lindwood@webtv.net wrote:
>
> >This reminds me of a unit I used to teach in 1st grade revolving around
> >a huge oak in our courtyard (right outside of my window.)
> >Linda
> >
> >Linda! I've printed out two of your posts in a row! With your
permission I'm going to quote some of your "why did you like art" phrases
when I next give my elem. art teacher a pep talk! Or maybe I'll just print
it again and pop it into her box at school. As of this one, it's inspiring!
Thanks! J.

---