Re: my school is closing :-(

---------

From: Susan Holland (Susan_Holland_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat May 10 2003 - 08:55:09 PDT

I'm sorry to read about your situation. My district RIF-ed 21 elementary art
teachers and I was #20 on the list. (Also 21 PE and Music teachers are gone
from the district. ) I have to pack an art room at one of my schools because
they are going from having 2 art teachers (and 2 music and 2 PE) to just one
each there. I'm not crazy about this idea, but what we are doing to allow for
time to pack is gathering the students in the gym to see a movie during their
"special area" class times the last week of school. A couple of teachers will
monitor the movie while the others pack rooms.

At my other school, I have to pack and clean per the usual end of the year
check list. Only I'm organizing and storing for the next teacher coming in.
That will be someone who got surplused/ reserve listed from somewhere else they
would probably have preferred to stay.

Anyway, hang in there!

susan_holland@teachnet.edb.utexas.edu

---