Re: Spirited Away

---------

From: Michele Berlin (stardust606_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat May 10 2003 - 08:54:25 PDT

I agree. The scary moments are things like when the ten year old girl can't
find her parents in enough time to get back to the human world. All it does is
make this girl stronger, which is Myazaki's whole intention. There is a second
disc with the movie that actually shows how the movie is made. It compares the
story board scenes with the actual film. It really is a learning lesson
personally even if you can't do it in the classroom. ( I totally understand
the whole only G movie thing - I believe the target audience is 9 and up)
Michele

Ellen Silverman wrote:

> This film my sons current favorite, they are 11 and 14 years old. I do
> not think there is anything in it inappropriate for the age group you
> mentioned.

---