Janet Fish

---------

From: Marian Colman (colmans1_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat May 10 2003 - 03:05:57 PDT

I love Janet Fish and someday I am going to buy a nice big fat coffee table
book about her. There is one by Vincent Katz but I haven't seen it yet. I
think I will request it from our local library and look at it before I
purchase it. Anyway, in the textbook Exploring Painting,, by Gerald
Brommer and Nancy Kinne, there is a page on Janet Fish. Here is the
bigographical piece of that page:

"Fish, who was born in 1938 in Boston, Mass., comes from a family of
artists. Her grandfather was a painter, her mother a sculptor, and her
sister a photographer. Fish created her first still life paintings in the
1960's and had her first solo exhibition in 1967. Her paintings became
known for their attention to detail and effects of lighting--the artist
seems to delight in the difficult task of depicting overlapping, clear and
semi-transparent materials, such as glassware,plates, plastic cups and
cellophane."

I think she has a degree from Yale, but I'm not positive. I think I
remember reading that somewhere.

Marian

---