What cultures - elementary level

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri May 09 2003 - 18:43:14 PDT

Dear elementary art educators,

The Getty list came up with a nice list of artists for elementary level. If
you saved that list - DO add Jacob Lawrence to it. What other African
American artists do you teach at the elementary level (Faith Ringgold is on
the list)? Any Native American? What cultures do you teach at the
elementary level? I will compile - then we will see for what cultures you
need ideas and lessons.

Add to this list:
Cultures - elementary level
Australian Aboriginal works
Ashanti Kente Cloth

As Janet posted to Getty, our list needed some artists from around the
world. Please world art teachers jump in and tell us what artists are
important around the world.

Judy Decker
Jdecker@woh.rr.com
Incredible Art Department