Re: Copyrights and videos

---------

From: Ann Heineman (aiheineman_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri May 09 2003 - 16:03:28 PDT

 Nnaell wrote:

> I don't see how that could be against copywrite law if the film has been
> released on video.
    In my district copyrights are very narrowly interpreted ie. the letter
of the law. I could not show videos unless they were purchased/borrowed from
an educational source or library with broadcast rights for a group--whether
commercial or non commercial in intent.

    Also you are not showing it to make money but for
> educational purposes.

    Again, a school is not a home setting. Different rules apply about what
copyrighted materials we can show the students. Disney videos from home
were on the ban list during the time I taught.

            Ann-on-y-mouse in Columbus
            Art teacher, K-5, retired

---