Unfocused Students and Art Room Junkyard Wars

---------

From: Ellen Silverman (mcguffsilver_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri May 09 2003 - 14:16:20 PDT

Ellen Sears wrote...
I have shifted my class activities to collaborative work, they are going
to talk anyway (think quilting bees with wood and paint)..and small
competitions - kind of like junkyard wars for the art room (for my 2- 7
grades).... we just finished two weeks of testing, so were are all batty -

Dear Ellen,

Wow! I would love to hear more about your ideas about Art Room "Junkyard" Wars.

Do you assign a mission with tables as team, with the timeline of the art period?

I am visualizing the assignments as possibly brain storming new methods of application for mediums, design problem solving like bridge or tower building, or an art history play based on what the students would happen next in a work of art. But I am sure I have even begun to tap into all the possibilities of the Art Room Wars. So, I would love it is the list would bat this idea around a little bit.

Thanks again, Ellen, love your idea. By the way like your name.

Ellen Silverman

---