RE: Help for students losing focus

---------

From: Fields, Linda (fieldsl_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri May 09 2003 - 06:19:48 PDT

Oh, boy-I am having exactly the same problems! My first period class is Art
III-IV-11 of them seniors. It's all I can do to get them to come to class. I
have one who has 30 unexcused tardies! Nothing I have done works and the
administration has been no help. Then, like you, I have a couple
conscientious kids who are soooo stressed. They all think I am the wicked
witch. My only consolation is that perhaps someday they will understand what
I am about. If not, I still know I did my best for them. I have no magic
answers-and they are tired of hearing what I call "Mama Fields lectures."
Good luck to all of us as we wind down. My seniors have 12 days, the rest,
19. Linda in NC