Re: Help for students losing focus

---------

From: Maureen (mpalmquist_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri May 09 2003 - 06:06:42 PDT

I've used some calming meditation music during class(they have to listen
closely to hear ocean sounds etc). To get children in the right frame of
mind for art ,I have them do some deep breathing exercises to relax them. It
worked especially well this week after their Terra Nova tests.It makes the
beginning of art class kind of Zen like,so I get about 25 minutes of focused
work and then of course clean up begins and chaos starts all over again!
Good Luck.