Re: Help for students losing focus

---------

From: Becky Thornton (artswim_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu May 08 2003 - 22:22:47 PDT

Dear Karla,
Keep hanging in there! It sounds like you are doing a good job, keepin up
with the pulse of the students. It is getting towards the end of the year
and we all ahave a million things to do. Remember, there are some students
who brightest spot in the day is art class. They have to deal with the "bad
attitude" students in other classes. Be firm. They respect that.
I hope that you have a great Friday.
I am putting up the finishing touches on an art show. It is on every wall
in the classroom. The seventh graders are putting it up. The other
teachers have been great in letting me "borrow" some students. It looks so
beautiful in the art room! It is joyfoul just to get to look at the
collection of work by the students!
Love to you!
Becky thornton