Re: elementary art show planning- Any tips?

---------

From: Jenna Freck (jennarations_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu May 08 2003 - 20:48:34 PDT

Our art show is held in June every year in conjunction with an ice cream
social. A separate group of parent volunteers put together the ice
cream/toppings/etc (and make sure they don't bring it in to the multipurpose
room where the art is being shown) and we have instant refreshment for all
who attend. We use cardboard refrigerator boxes cut up for display
walls--they work amazingly well.

Planning is continually a challenge. We have the classroom teachers select
the artwork and submit it in a huge box in the staff room. If time permits
we provide labels so each teacher can label the works.

on 5/8/03 8:52 AM, Alexandra Viola at alexandraviola@hotmail.com wrote:

> Hi Artists-
>
> I am armpit deep in artwork for the art show in two weeks and am hoping for
> some ideas to keep it organized for next year!

---