saving work for art show

---------

From: artappeal (artappeal_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu May 08 2003 - 19:14:22 PDT

Having an art show each year is hard work, usually done outside school hours
(both attending the show and preparing for it). I feel it is worth it
because many times people (not even your colleagues and supervisors) don't
know what you do all year with your students. Art shows are good for public
relations and it is also an ego boost to hear all the positive remarks. It
all works out, but I wouldn't mind an easier way to save and select the
work. One idea I was thinking about was to have students save most work in
their folders, then once a month, take all but their two best (they help
select) home. That way it would be easy to check who has what. I just have
to convince students that it is worth keeping their best for the show. They
usually want to take what they like home right away. I'm keeping my eyes
open for good (and timesaving) art show ideas!

Leah

---