silk screen

---------

From: Carolyn Keigley (carolyn_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu May 08 2003 - 17:48:48 PDT

thank you for all the great advice on silkscreening. Today I brought in a
guest speaker/artist. This person has a printing business and showed the
kids how simple the process can be.
The kids were so excited (high School) that they want to quickly finish
their projects and get going on printing. Next week I have invited a potter
to come in and demo his large pots thrown on the wheel. My expertise is in
drawing, pastels, and painting so I want to expose to the kids to people
who are experts in different mediums. I have thought about this through out
the year and now that I have seen how stimulated the kids became so I am
going to put the time into planning a visiting artist schedule for next
school year.

---