Re: artsednet digest: May 06, 2003

---------

From: ewenk (ewenk_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu May 08 2003 - 11:13:05 PDT

He must be very threatened. He sounds like a jerk. The problem is that
in science
the primaries are red yellow and green. Not blue. I always tell the
kids the difference. When they are in science it is different than
when they are in art. Children are capable of learning that words mean
different things in different places. Such as in math value means the
amount while in art it relates to shading. I do not get into the
magenta, cyan or yellow deal either. Just good old fashioned red,
yellow and blue in art and then red yellow and green in science. But if
you stop to think about it green is blue and yellow so I never
understood the green thing. Except that it relates to light in some
way. It is time to work things out with mister smart mouth science
because science and art go hand and hand and can really compliment each
other.
Ellyn

ArtsEdNet Talk digest wrote:

>Yesterday and today I have had several students come to my class telling me one
>of our science teachers told them I "didn't know what (she) was talking about"
>re: color.

---