What artists? Cultures? Middle school

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu May 08 2003 - 11:07:12 PDT

Dear art educators - middle (and elementary),

You are right, I did not ask the elementary to respond to "What cultures you
study?" -- so please feel free to jump in. Save this email in your inbox if
you are too busy to respond now (I won't be doing any thing with your list
for a few weeks anyway).

What artists are important at the middle school level?

What cultures are important at the middle school level (thi s is an area of
my strength)?

What cultures are inportant at the elementary level?

Note to high school (if you opened this email). I will not be posting an
inquiry to the list for your level. My reason? Most high school teacher I
have "talked" to focus on media/technique FIRST - then select art histroy
exemplars.

IF any high school art teacher is curious which artists/cultures are
important at your level -- please post the inquiry to the lists.

Judy Decker
Jdecker@woh.rr.com
Incredible Art Department
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/