elementary art show planning- Any tips?

---------

From: Alexandra Viola (alexandraviola_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu May 08 2003 - 08:52:55 PDT

Hi Artists-

I am armpit deep in artwork for the art show in two weeks and am hoping for
some ideas to keep it organized for next year! I work at a school with 578
students and two art teachers. We each saved one piece of work from each
student and will display them on the floor of the gym on white paper
runners. My biggest problem was saving and choosing work- I save
practically EVERYTHING, wanting to choose the best for each kid; and for
some I am scrambling to find anything!

I planned on treating this like a gallery opening with punch, fruit and
cheese- but have whimped out on the refreshments because I have no idea how
many people will attend. It is my first year at this large school and the
first artshow in 7 years. How do you run this smoothly? ANY info is
GREATLY appreciated! ALI