Re: Drawing for Dummies

---------

From: Seapearls Artworks (seapearls__at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu May 08 2003 - 02:37:53 PDT

Well here is my 2 cents worth-but I think the Dummies series of books is great.  (DUCK)  Why because it brings the lofty down to the comfort level of the common man.  How many of us have heard when we say we are an artist or art teacher "Wow that is great I can't even draw stick men!"  Face it most people are intimidated by art and artists.  I have spent my life trying to show all that I meet that art is for all and not just the eleet.  So many of those that say that they have no talent have turned out to have so much talent.  What has makes my heart sad is the 4th graders who stop making art because they are not as good as so-and-so.

I still love hanging out with my artsy friends and reading artsy books.  My mind needs the stimulation.  However there is also a whole lot more people out there who don't even want anything to do with art because it makes them feel like dummies.  So if they pick up a book that opens a door for them I say "great!"  Because it is a start.

Shar ARndT
teacher and artist

I saw the angel in the marble and carved until I set him free.
Michelangelo

Protect your PC - Click here for McAfee.com VirusScan Online ---