St John's Lower School Gets Noticed

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed May 07 2003 - 14:47:43 PDT

Dear Art Educators,

In the news is St. John's Lower School - now added to Art News.
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/news/artnews.html
Linda Wood is teacher at St. John's Lower School in Houston, Texas. An
associate from Switchzoo.com wrote Linda to tell her that she has seen our
mixed breeds and the lesson plan and wants to put all of it on Switchzoo
teacher resources. She wants to do a slideshow of their art! In addition,
Tasmanian Education Agency wrote to see if they could use her 3rd grade fish
watercolors as a resource for the Tasmanian Education Associatoin's
Children's lit/art site. Folks - get your work out there - You just never
know where it will all end up. Her student work was also selected for
MaryAnn Kohl's book cover, Storybook Art. Linda feels she owes a lot the
the exposure her site has received from Incredible Art Department. Send your
school links now Jdecker@woh.rr.com.
http://www.sjs.org./classes/lower/art/linda'sweb2000.html (St. John's art
work)

Also added - NAEA news (click Professionsl Development). Bunki's notes have
been added to conference notes and I added a page of grant information. Next
time I get the job postings from NAEA they will be put online too for folks
who are interested. I just had too many of them now to compile. I will still
forward jobs list to anyone who requests.

The rest of the News is old news - but feel free to look it over if you
missed my posts.

Judy Decker
Jdecker@woh.rr.com
Incredible Art Department
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/
http://www.incredibleart.tk

P.S. Linda if you are reading -LOL - I had to send your news three times to
the web - I kept finding typos as I read the post I copied and pasted above.
It should be accurate now.....maybe. Thanks so much for sharing the good
news. Toot-toot-toot!

---