What artists are important? - elementary level

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed May 07 2003 - 12:09:08 PDT

Dear Art Educators,

Ellen made a post to ArtsEdNet asking for women artists for elementary - We
came up with a nice list ( I will forward at your request
jdecker@woh.rr.com). I really hope someone else out there is interested in
Debra Butterfeild, too. I would love to see a lesson on her work. I would
like to see this thread grow. What artists do you think are important to
teach at the elementary level? I know you are busy now....so I will post
again closer to summer. If Middle School and High School want to respond -
Please change the subject line to high school or middle school when you
submit. I am saving all of this information into separate folders and will
use it to develop materials for the sites. I have had searches on my site
for individual artists and always add them to my site (soon there will be
Rembrandt http://www.artcyclopedia.com/artists/rembrandt_van_rijn.html - had
a couple of searches for him)

Thanks for all the feed back on what is needed for your curriculum. World
teachers please reply as well, Ken tells me there are many form other
countries on Art Educator. I want to hear form you. "Lurkers" now is the
time be heard - click reply with the name of an artist or two - include
level.

Judy Decker
Jdecker@woh.rr.com
Incredible Art Department