Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Meet a Drawing "Expert" (on my list)

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed May 07 2003 - 10:13:15 PDT

Dear Art Educators,

I just heard from Brenda Hoddinott. She already has so much to share.....

She just finished her first book, "Drawing for Dummies" (Wiley Publishing,
NY - )
was released (she does not receive royalties).
Her initial offering to the group is free PDF downloadable and printable
drawing classes. At the moment there are only seven that are free (plus 20
for sale). However, I will be adding new free lessons on a regular basis.
Levels include from basic to advanced. Many are suitable for ages 8 and up
and are very "child friendly".

A few days ago, she added a discussion forum for art educators if anyone is
interested in participating.

If anyone looks into the book -- please do share with the group. I have
books to give away -- not buying more at the moment....but I would LOVE to
take a look at Brenda's if anyone is willing to share over the summer.

Brenda, hope you don't mind that I posted this to everyone. Your site has
been a great service to one of my former students who went into forensic

Judy Decker
Incredible Art Department