color theory

---------

From: Alexandra Viola (alexandraviola_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed May 07 2003 - 08:44:00 PDT

I always tell my kids there is the science of color in light and the science
of color in pigment, or paint; as artists we will focus on paint. Your mad
scientist must not know the distinction and must have been absent from art
class a lot! I would put a note in his mailbox inviting HIM to your sixth
grader lesson next year. It sounds like a great indepth lesson on color
mixing! You might ask him to demo light mixing for you and then you could
share that with your kids too (its really cool). If you want to have fun
with him at his own expense- speak to him with an English accent from now
on! ha!