Re: elementary teachers - ideas brainstorm

---------

From: Susan Holland (Susan_Holland_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed May 07 2003 - 03:32:58 PDT

I didn't do projects for Mother's Day, but I saved up a lot of art and sent it
home with students this week. I saved the art back so students could each
choose a piece for the school wide art show, but since they only choose one for
that show, they have several to choose from to honor moms, grandmas and other
mom-like people.

I sent home clay bowls with first graders a couple of weeks ago, and one of the
teachers took them up from her students so they can wrap them up this week for
moms. I had 2nd graders taking home foil relief portraits (foil and sharpie
marker over dried glue printing plates) and I heard their teacher tell them
they should hide the portraits under their beds and give them to moms on
Sunday.

I only had one teacher ask me specifically if I was doing Mother's day art, and
I told her, no, not really. But her class had a "free choice day" reward, so
they could make cards if they wished.

susan_holland@teachnet.edb.utexas.edu

---