Some images to share - portraits and still life idea

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue May 06 2003 - 19:48:32 PDT

I thought it easiest to put this in one email...

From Jackie Brewer (Getty list member):
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/news/Jackie-award.jpg
In Texas they have a UIL equivilent (VASE) - Visual Arts
Scholastic Event. It is a state contest..... One of her students was chosen
as a Gold Seal piece.
Here is the image of the work. The students name is Jenna, a senior and her
second year in art. Ask Jackie for details ja1997@bryanisd.org

Bill sent me an image of an amazing charcoal portrait on Reeves BFK-
High school teachers will want to take a look.
Ask Bill for details. BILLM@pcadmin.ctc.edu (hope you don't mind me sharing
your e-mail)
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/Files/Bill-portrait.jpg

Melissa sent me an idea for still life - using old screen doors.
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/Files/Doors-melissa.jpg
Melissa had the idea to hinge three screen doors together to use for display
and to serve as a backdrop for still life. She uses them constantly and
they've become kind of a trademark in her classroom. Shown - a photo of the
two sets of doors standing together.

If you have an image to share - but don't have your own web site - or means
of getting it out to the group --send to me and I will share this way. I
won't leave these online indefinitely due to space. Jackie's portraits will
be linked up to Art News - probably tomorrow (/)

Judy Decker
Jdecker@woh.rr.com
Incredible Art Department
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/