Contest opportunity - share with your students

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue May 06 2003 - 19:32:05 PDT

Dear Art Educators,

I am reluctant to post this - and list it on IAD - I am afraid it may "open
a can or worms"......but I thought I would go ahead and test it. I will be
posting a short blurb about this contest on IAD Art News -and am letting you
know now. The contest is for children up to 19 years of age (some of your
students may even have done a project that would work already - I didn't
read the rules). It wouldn't hurt to share the link with them
www.PlanetGiggle.com/contest.htm The contest is through June 6. This link
may go directly to the rules
http://www.planetgiggle.com/CoverContestRules.htm I will continue to use
good judgment when requests like this are made (book seems to have a good
message).

>> Our contests - PlanetGiggle.com currently has 2 contests for kids. The
first one, to design the cover of our book entitled KidVision. KidVision is
a book (we are writing) about inspirational kids who have succeeded at their
dreams. (For a sneak peek at the book, please go to our website and visit
the KidVision page, www.PlanetGiggle.com/kidvision.htm.) The Design Our
Book Cover Contest is for kids 19 years and younger. The entries could be
from any number of mediums such as pencil, paint, chalk or digital. We want
to encourage all kids in what ever type of creative format they wish to use.
The theme is "Anything Is Possible". For official rules please visit
www.PlanetGiggle.com/contest.htm.

Prizes for this contest include: the winner's art work on the cover of
KidVision and a picture and short bio about the winner inside the book, a 6
month apprenticeship with an illustrator, an electronic tablet (that can be
used to draw on the computer) and $100 worth of art supplies.

The second contest to design our T-shirt. It has great prizes as well! (You
can view the entire list on the contest page.)

By the way, Gidget from the Planet Giggle loved our site (smile).

Judy Decker
Jdecker@woh.rr.com
Incredible Art Department
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/