Re: Save Getty ArtsEdNet update

---------

From: Maggie White (mwhiteaz_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue May 06 2003 - 16:29:36 PDT

Judy Decker wrote:

> I am going to be the collection base for letters to save ArtsEdNet Web site
> and ArtsEdNet Talk.
> Please get responses to me this month as they will be determining over the
> summer what they will do.
> Send to my email account (Jdecker@woh.rr.com):
> Name - School - Position - and a brief blurb on why you can not live without
> these resources (OK - a little blurb about how you use the resources and
> find the invaluable).

In the activist newsletters I have received in the past, they recommend
a real letter rather than e-mail or a pre-written,
sign-on-the-dotted-line postcard that many organizations send to its
members. For one thing, the recipient will have the written document on
hand for future reference. For another, the recipient will take a
brief, to-the-point letter more seriously than something simply signed
and mailed in. If we keep it professional and unemotional it may work.

I'm going to write to write a letter. Thanks for informing us and
giving us an address and contact.

Maggie

---