Question

---------

From: Debora Martin (DMartin_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue May 06 2003 - 14:47:27 PDT

Is there an "official" creative process definition (like Viktor Lowenfeld's Drawing Development stages) that is recognized by art educators? I am going through National Board Certification and one of the questions I have to answer is:

"Teachers will use their knowledge and understanding of the creative process to describe and analyze the media, tools, and techniques present in two works of art of similar genre. They will be asked to discuss how the artists' choices of forming processes affect the meaning of both works of art."

And by forming processes, I am assuming they are refering to the manner in which the artist constructed the piece both mentally and physically. What do you think? Thanks.

---