A "must see" middle school art site (high school too)

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue May 06 2003 - 10:46:13 PDT

Dear art educators,

In compiling my art experts list, I looked over all of the art web sites on
my site. Here is one you definitely have to see:
http://www2.sycamoreschools.org/jh/Art/speelmanm/index.html
Their are projects that are adaptable to high school, too.

I am just going to list some high lights - Sculptural Self portraits:
http://www2.sycamoreschools.org/jh/Art/speelmanm/sculptgal/index.htm

Sandy Skoglund inspired cats (large paper mache- painted with fluorescent
paint)
http://www2.sycamoreschools.org/jh/Art/speelmanm/catsgal/index.htm (they
displayed these with a black light)

Artists Apron and paint pallet (great art appreciation lesson):
http://www2.sycamoreschools.org/jh/Art/speelmanm/apronsgal/index.htm

Really cool painting project! pattern in nature (I even saw a take on this
on a high school site, too)
http://www2.sycamoreschools.org/jh/Art/speelmanm/patternsgal/index.htm

Melissa is going to be adding more work over the summer - so check back from
time to time.
I plan to do School Sites as "Great Sites" all summer long - this is
certainly going to be one of them!

If you want your site to be considered - be sure I have it listed at:
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/middle/4kids-4teach.htm

Judy Decker
Jdecker@woh.rr.com
Incredible Art Department