RE: color theory

---------

From: Fields, Linda (fieldsl_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue May 06 2003 - 10:36:15 PDT

I always explain to my students that they might get confused between science
class and art class, and I explain the difference between mixing light and
mixing pigments. I use a prism and solid pigments or even food coloring. My
suggestion would be that you approach this teacher with an idea for either
an integrated lesson or, ask him about the possibility of coming to your
class to explain about light while you go to his to explain about pigment.
It's possible that his fear and ignorance are what are causing him to behave
this way. Good luck. Linda in NC