Re: color theory

---------

From: James Andrews (andrewsj_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue May 06 2003 - 10:18:05 PDT

I believe you are both correct. The primary colors of light are red, yellow
and green. I learned this as a matter of course as a theatrical design
student when I took my stage lighting course. The fact that your science
teacher friend is unaware of the difference is not surprising. I would
simply inform him of his ignorance so he doesn't embarrass himself further.
As for the way his impression of you to his students, that is just a very
sad bully-type move. He is obviously scared that he doesn't know enough and
is even more afraid that his students will find out and he will lose control
over them. It's sad. Don't bother dealing with him. Students will figure out
soon enough that you know what you are talking about. They respect that more
than you think. :)

James C. Andrews
Art Teacher
Kingston Junior High School
9000 NE West Kingston Road
Kingston, WA 98346
desk# (360) 297-9276

Loyalty isn't standing by someone when he's right... that's good
judgment. Loyalty is standing by someone when he's wrong. -
Susan Estrich