Re: Do you have lunch duty? Unruly 6th graders

---------

From: Betty Bowen (bbowen_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue May 06 2003 - 06:34:35 PDT

I don't this year, but did the past two years. If a student misbehaves at lunch,
part of their detention is to stay in and help the custodian clean the tables.
We have a section where they sit alone to eat, then after cleaning, if there is
time for them to go outside, they have to stand against "the wall" and nobody
can go past the sidewalk to talk to them. It's pretty much always the same kids
and they get to know the routine pretty well.

---