Wanted to share, I am excited

---------

From: Aust ArtClasses (austart_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon May 05 2003 - 17:38:46 PDT

Keep in mind here that I have only been involving myself and my
students in this contest for the last three years. Here in
Texas we have our UIL equivilent (VASE) - Visual Arts
Scholastic Event. It is a state contest. For the first year,
my school had 3 entries - one advanced to state but didnt place
 Year 2 - three advanced to state - one placed (my student)
Year 3 ( 6 advanced to state - 3 of them were mine) 2 of my 3
placed at state.

Now here is the great, exciting news, and a first for me and my
district. This year we had over 10,000 art entries state wide.
 From that over 1,000 advanced to area and on to state. At
state, only 400+ placed and from that 400 +, 60 entries were
chosen as Gold Seal and will be displayed at various activities
throughout the state. I consider that as the best 60/10,000
statewide. One of my students was chosen as a Gold Seal piece.
Now I know there are many Texas teachers out there who can share
my joy as they think back on the first time this happened to
them and their students. I am so excited. If you would like to
see a copy of my students work, email me and I will send to you
privately.

Jackie Brewer (Aust)
Director of Visual Art (K-12)
Bryan Texas