Re: Videos needed for elementary

---------

From: jane mary (mjart49_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon May 05 2003 - 15:14:31 PDT

I show Please don't eat the pictures, a Seseme Street video every year to 2nd grade. They love it. I love it. We just had our art show and I needed a break. After the video we will make a cartouche of their names. I am thinking of making their cartouche on a little scroll so it looks kinda like the papyrus that the question is on in the video. If you haven't seen the video, the question is, Where does today met yesterday? The answer, The museum! They all think the answer is midnight. My classes are 30 min. This takes 2 classes because it is 60 min. long. Question is nicely placed at end of first 30 min.

MJHadley
>From: "Judy Decker"
>To: "ArtsEdNet Talk"
>Subject: Videos needed for elementary
>Date: Sun, 4 May 2003 18:44:15 -0400
>
>Dear Art Educators,
>
>We just got a "call" for videos to use for elementary (grades k-5-- if
>that is not possible then K-2 and 3-5 level). If you posted titles a couple
>of months ago - no need to re-post those now as I have them on file. I am
>looking for additional ones to share - along with short lesson plans to
>accompany the video. For kids - I would say the video should be about 20 to
>25 minutes long at best (I'm guessing that the little ones won't last
>through a 45 minute one)
>
>Here are some from the top of my head:
>Linnea in Monet's Garden (something like that-- I will look up the correct
>title later)
>Dropping in on Rousseau (Crystal Productions)
>Matisse from Crystal Productions (Will it be ready by next fall, Pam?)
>
>I watched a Leonardo da Vinci animated one a couple of months ago - but
>didn't write up a review for that.... I wasn't impressed with it. It was
>from a heroes series, but dealt manily with his FAILURES (I was bummed about
>the content). Does anyone know the title? Seen it? Have a different opinion?
>
>Thanks in advance for helping with this project. I will check the local
>resource center for new ones they may have this summer.
>
>Judy Decker
>

>---

Help STOP SPAM with the new MSN 8 and get 2 months FREE* ---