Ann Arbor is a "GO" for July - Please reply (Jean and all)

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon May 05 2003 - 07:12:35 PDT

Dear Art Educators,

I know it is early to start summer planning....but what can it hurt? A group
of Getty ArtsEdNetters want to try to meet (and car pool) to Ann Arbor Art
Fair in July (Wed. 16 thru Sat. 19). Wednesday or Thursday are actually the
best days to go - but I am "game" for any day.

Jean Gallaghaer - please reply if you are interested, I lost your email
address. I saved Darla's and Robin's already.....and all Ohio folks on my
"Experts" list will hear from me anyway (not to worry Ann and
Sandy).....So....anyone else who thinks you might want to meet
mailto:Jdecker@woh.rr.com. I am saving your posts into a folder.....and will
make one more post in June sometime (but so many of you unsubscribe over the
summer).

What is Ann Arbor Art Fair you ask? One of the biggest art fairs in the
country....it is so huge you can't even see it all in one day but we will
surely try). There is the main Ann Arbor Art Fair (the original fair -juried
show - Top quality work), The State Street show (juried - top notch, too),
Two Ann Arbor Art Guild Shows - in two parts of the city (lots - and lots -
and lots of booths - I never see the whole thing) - and many side venders
along the way (like African Art - authentic real pieces - not souvenir
art). It is art overload (in a good way) - you will come away with tons of
ideas for your program (bring a note book) - talk to the artists to get some
of their secrets - and buy art, of course too.

I know this is repeat info for Getty members - but I wanted to get the word
out to the other lists, too. The more the merrier. I sure hope someone else
has kept track of the meeting in the east (Christine? did you save those?).
Some of us will try to meet up in Cleveland in July too - more details on
that to come (more in June).

Have a grand week....counting the days....

Judy Decker

P.S. I apologize for not saving the posts - I thought it was too early --
but there has been some interest.

---