High School Teachers - need ideas

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun May 04 2003 - 18:44:44 PDT

Dear high school teachers,

I have been "talking" with Ken, he is stuck with some limited materials -
and three weeks to go. Can you help come up with some neat, innovative
projects? Post to the list and I will compile and send to Ken. (Ken sent me
some plans for IAD - so I am happy to help him out). Send links to images if
you have seen or have something online (a picture is worth a thousand
words - right?)

>> my art 2's who have finished the last project earlier than expected and I
must do something with them for about 3 weeks.

Here are the materials you have to work with:

Watercolors and pen and ink

Pastels

Craypas

Tons of cheap acrylic

Scrap Matt board

Here is an idea from Bunki's site for pastels or Craypas:
http://www.lcms.srvusd.k12.ca.us/newKramer/SelfPortraits/self-portraits.htm

Ken is thinking of "illustrated ink drawing on birds with a close up of the
face and a far away shot of the bird in flight. James Audobon would be used
and watercolor over the ink drawing to give it some pizzazz."

Ken's idea for scrap mat board:
releif sculpture with putty to look like stone and then antiqued with color
schemes in acrylic for a faux rock appearance.

Ken - if you read this - John Baselmans has some very interesting drawings
on his site that may spark an idea:
http://www.johnbaselmans.com/

Thanks in advance. Over the summer, we (my experts) will work on turning
some of your ideas into lesson plans for IAD.

Judy Decker

---