Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Foil Tooling Project - elementary or middle

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat May 03 2003 - 19:43:18 PDT

Dear Art Educators,

A few days ago foil tooling was discussed on one of the list serves.... I
just found this great lesson on Blake School site. Here are some really nice
Inca Masks.

These were done by fourth graders - but could be adapted to middle school. I
know middle schoolers study the Inca in Social Studies around here. I sent
email to the teacher asking for her plan for IAD.

I liked the Aboriginal Dreamtime paintings by kindergarten, too.

Mosaic and Judy Onofrio fans will want to check out the middle school

I have had fun exploring this site.....but now back to work.

Judy Decker

P.S. for Sue and K Denne - If you do the abstract foil tooling project with
colored frame- I would like to put it on IAD. I can put links to the images
on Arts and Activities (or was it School Arts?) and credit the original
author. I found images of the same lesson years ago - and they are different
that the ones on the magazine site - so the lesson has been around for a
while. I just can't use the image I saved to file.