Easy Sub Lessons - All Grade Levels

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat May 03 2003 - 09:01:09 PDT

Dear Art Educators,

As your year winds down....you will be taking those personal days (don't we
all need them?). I would like to see fun-easy to follow sub plans for all
grade levels posted to the list. I have one Getty member who has saved the
grade 1 -4 posts so no need to re-post any of those. I have another Getty
member who has save the grade 7-8 so far so no need to repost those. Please
post any additional ideas to the list. As you post - do all of us a favor
and put your grade level in the subject line. I will start by posting the
links I have for easy middle school plans:

Here are some plans that are very easy for a substitute:
http://home.att.net/~tisone/lessonpg1.htm

You might also check Incredible Art Department:
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/middle/middlelessons.html

Here is one I have used:
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/middle/Lessons/locker.htm

Surreal Hands ("borrowed" from Bunki)
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/middle/Lessons/surhands.htm
http://www.lcms.srvusd.k12.ca.us/newKramer/KramerMain.html (Bunki has
"Ooodles" of middle school lessons)

Here is a great site to get ideas - Michal Austin "The Art Kids":
http://www.geocities.com/theartkids/artlessons.html (elementary)
http://www.geocities.com/theartkids/hslessons.html (grades 7 - 12)

While a substitute won't get the high quality of work Michal has achieved,
there are many ideas a substitute could handle. One of my favorites is Bad
hair day:
http://www.geocities.com/theartkids/artlessons/sixth/badhairday.html (a fun
thing for grades 1 through 8, in my opinion) .... Michal, if you are
reading - have you left any of your hands-on plans for a substitute?

I have to be honest - when I was out, most of the time I showed a timely
video and had worksheets to go with the video.

Let's see this thread grow and grow. World teachers, what ideas do you have?
Send to me in your language and I will get help translating
(Jdecker@woh.rr.com). I am saving all posts from hear on out into a folder
to post on IAD (I won't get it up and running for a week or so though).

Judy Decker
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/ IAD
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/middle/ IAD Resources
Incredible Art Department: