Re: Good news! New Matisse video is coming out

---------

From: The Austin's (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri May 02 2003 - 16:30:01 PDT

Pam, I received the book yesterday and shared it 30 min. after I got it.
Maybe you can answer a trivia question for me since you are the "Rousseau"
expert. I had heard a story many years ago about how Rousseau was given a
dinner in his honor and as he sat at the dinner table a candle sitting on
the shelf above him started to drip hot wax on his bald head. Rousseau,
being excited about the dinner party, said nothing and just let the wax drip
on him. Is this a true story? I heard it so many years ago that I don't even
remember the source, but would love to know if I can share this with
students. :-)
~Michal

> Michal:
>
> Thank you for posting about "Dropping in on Rousseau." I didn't know that
> the book was already being shipped.
>
> I am very happy that the book was enjoyed by your fifth graders. The
> Rousseau football players is a fun image, isn't it? Last summer I
stumbled
> across the original in Las Vegas at the Guggenheim on the Strip. What a
> treat and a surprise to unexpectedly see the masterwork.
>
> I think that you and your kids will enjoy the video. There are some
subtle
> references that you'll catch that your kids might not. Jim and I tried to
> embed some humor to keep adults and older kids interested.
>
> Pam

---