Teacher Feature on IAD

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri May 02 2003 - 11:59:26 PDT

Dear Art Educators,

Something to think about....and this will help Karalee with her research,
too. I know you folks don't have time now - so think ahead to summer. I want
to start an "Art Teacher Showcase" section on my site. I want to share the
great work you do with the world. I checked with Ken Rohrer and so far we
have the space on the site. These won't be fancy pages - just something
simple. Right now I have work by Mark Alexander and Ken Schwab. This will be
a great way for us to get to know one another. Once we start running out of
space - I will rotate the teachers featured. See what I am "talking" about.

Ken Schwab:
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/middle/Teachers/kschwab.htm

Mark Alexander:
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/middle/Teachers/markalex.htm

Mark has already made some contacts as a result of these pages.

If you want get in on it now -- send the following:
Picture of yourself (Yes, Michal - you may send a picture of Cindy
Crawford - ha-ha - our little joke) -- School/grade levels -- and a few
works (via attachments). Be sure to tell me the medium/media as it is often
difficult to tell in a digital photo. Please put Teacher Feature (or
something like that in the subject heading as I have a special folder where
I will save those post)

I will save all Teacher Feature pages on my hard drive if I have to rotate
them - I will post new ones as I complete them.

As always - PLEASE post your personal art sites to the list and I will link
those up, too. John Baselmans has recently joined the Getty list - I will
add a link ASAP http://www.johnbaselmans.com/ John has some excellent
drawings on his site. (John is also on my list of "experts").

Judy Decker

P.S. Something I need to add to my list of "experts" - Your web pages! Gosh,
I wish I could remember to ask everything at one time..... I will grab web
page address from my site:
If you want to be sure I include yours - reply now to this
(Jdecker@woh.rr.com) with your URL
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/middle/4kids-4teach.htm (this
is linked from my home page in the blue table) see if your site is listed.
It looks like I won't make my deadline to get the list out this week folks -
maybe early next week?

---