RE: Do you have lunch duty? Unruly 6th graders

---------

From: Fields, Linda (fieldsl_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri May 02 2003 - 10:48:59 PDT

I have found that asking rather than telling often makes a difference with
unruly kids. For example, "would you please take this to the trash for me?"
(and then be sure to say thank you) or "could you do me favor and....."
Another thing that might work is to have some "caught you being good" cards
that you quietly hand out when you catch them. After a certain number of
cards, the kids can buy or earn some kind of reward (ice cream?) Good luck.
Lunch duty is never fun-including in high school. Linda in NC