Re: sub lesson grades 1-4

---------

From: Sandy Bacon (sbacon_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu May 01 2003 - 18:26:16 PDT

I recentlly used a lesson found here on the list. The children are
given a topic or theme. I used a mythological/medieval creature. They
used all kinds of different papers and texture rubbing plates to create
an Eric Carle style creature. First read Eric Carle's Dragons, Dragons
book. I had a sample done and the lesson went very well according to
the sub. The kids really had a good time creating.

Sandy

artappeal wrote:

>I know this is a tall order, but does anyone have an idea for an interesting
>one day lesson that would be good for students in grades one through four.
>I must go to a workshop on one of my most grueling days (7 classes ranging
>from grades 1-4 organized like this: 2,2,3,4, 1, 1, 2). The only break is
>1/2 hour for lunch so I would like to make it easy for the sub, yet
>enjoyable and worthwhile for my students. Any ideas?
>
>Thanks, Leah
>

>---

---