Good news! New Matisse video is coming out

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu May 01 2003 - 17:58:57 PDT

Dear Art Educators,

Soon you will be able to view a made-for-kids video about Matisse. It is
another high quality video authored by Getty list member Pam Stephens. The
video she did with Jim McNeill - "Dropping in on Rousseau" - is so much fun
(I even think high school would like it). Make sure you get "Rousseau" on
your orders for next year:
http://www.crystalproductions.com/videos/rousseau.html

Pam is field testing the Matisse video now with her third graders - Watch
for a lesson plan soon from her (I have seen the plan so far and it is
excellent). She is working on a companion book for the video too. The images
in the Matisse video/book are "The Woman with the Hat," "Rooftops
of Couilloure," "Goldfish," "Interior with Egyptian Curtain," "Les Codomas,"
and "The Sadness of the King." Don Wass, an art educator from Connecticut,
is animating the Matisse video.

Please send me your "Art News" and I will get the word out and post on
Incredible Art Department, too.

If you would like to see more quality kids videos - send Crystal Productions
your artist requests. Let them know what you are interested in (it couldn't
hurt). I wrote them in the fall and they seemed to appreciate my "voice".
They did say more videos were "in the works".

Judy

---