Re: FYI on PBS

---------

From: Patricia Knott (pknott_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri May 31 2002 - 18:51:58 PDT

One of my favorite books of all time is
   Matisse and Picasso A Friendship in Art
   by Francoise Gilot
she gives a lot of insight into her marriage to Picassos as well as the
admiration for Matisse. Matisse is my favorite and I love knowing that
Pablo was a bit intimidated by him and was eager to impress him. I'll be
curious to see how the PBS show treats the relationship.
I'm not sure if it's still in print, but I really recommend this book.

Patty

Hi all
The special listed below is showing again on pbs on june 7th. it is a great
video you can also order it on line.
Kids are taking thier last final as I write!
peace
Gabrielle
Matisse and Picasso

Middle/High School
Friday, June 7, 2002 (10-10:30)
Filmed in high-definition television, this special tells the inspiring story
of the extraordinary artistic dialogue between Matisse and Picasso, focusing
on their growing mutual respect throughout the years and the moving
conclusion of their gentle rivalry. (CC, Stereo, 1 year)

---