job offer as itinerant teacher

---------

From: A msg from Colette (emeraldeyes64_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri May 31 2002 - 03:29:47 PDT

Hi!
I just graduated last week, with my MST, and received my first job offer.
(I have never taught before) It is a position at 3 elementary schools in
NC, 2-5th grade. I would probably have 40 classes per week. Is this
possible to do? I recently finished my student teaching placement, in NY,
with a wonderful teacher. She had around 25 classes per week and was very
busy. Is a schedule like this, 40 classes/week, standard in NC? Does
anyone else have a schedule like this? Oh yeah, my budget is around
$200-400 for each school. Maybe I should stay in NY?!
Colette