Re: Photoshop

---------

From: Michelle H. Harrell (michelle_h_harrell_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed May 29 2002 - 20:00:11 PDT

I desparately need ideas for my computer graphics class so please post to
the list for all to share if possible.

One of the things I've done this year is to require students to bring in a
JPEG every week from home. They can scan a family photography or take the
digital camera home but the image must be original and not just saved off
the internet. They build a great folder of images to pull from in later
projects.

Another thing I've done is web portfolios. Students save as JPEGS at least
10 artworks they've done in our class or other art classes. In PhotoShop
6.0, go to File>Automate> Web Photo Gallery and voila! It makes thumbnails,
html pages for every image, and one index page. Then beginning students go
back and edit it in Word. Then students write the entire portfolio to a CD
and design the cover in PhotoShop. They have to do an artist statement and
description as well.

You can see a couple of their recent portfolios at my web-site at
http://harrell.srhs.net. Click on the Adv. Comp. Graphics Web Portfolio
link on the right and then click on Sara's portfolio. Because the images
take up so much server space, you can only view them at school unless the
student has their own site like Sara's.

Michelle Harrell