year end idea

---------

From: artappeal (artappeal_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed May 29 2002 - 19:10:51 PDT

Hi. O.k., so this isn't a year end idea, but here it is, the end of the
year, and all these ideas are popping into my head for next year!

Around the holidays (Nov. Dec.), I think it would be cool to have my
students (maybe 4th or 5th grade) invent a holiday celebrating themselves.
What would it be called? What colors and pictures would symbolize the day?
What kind of legends or stories could be passed down? What music, dances?
What food? Costumes? What kind of parties would be given? We could study
many cultures and their holidays for inspiration. What do you think? Has
anyone done this before, any ideas to add? What could be the tangible
result of all this (a book, poster, items and drawings illustrating the
ideas).

My brain gets MORE active this time of year. Go figure.

Leah

---