RE: Didaction

---------

From: Esa Tipton (tmtartseducation_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed May 29 2002 - 07:07:14 PDT

There is no question that teaching these aspects are
important. Technique, methods, etc. What is different,
Jane, and is the only real issue, is that we are
discussing how this information is presented,
discovered and learned.

Didaction and constructivism change the delivery model
and give more responsibility to the student how these
aspects are learned. The teacher doesn't figure
everything out for the student that they need to know
and tell them how to learn it. The teacher has it
figured out, and is a resource and guide to helping
the student learn the aspects from their own
initiative, direction, and outcome. It's a different
approach, not different content. It takes the content
and delivers it differently. No one is asking you to
give up what you teach, but how you think about
learning takes place.