Interior design

---------

From: Patricia Knott (pknott_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue May 28 2002 - 20:19:59 PDT

> Can one still study interior design through a multitude of schools? such
> as
> home ec or whatever they call that now...I have a high school student
> wanting
> to major in interior design. Does anyone know about their programs at
> Ohio
> state, Columbus State or any other central Ohio school? She does not
> want
> CCAD which is our local 4-year art college.
> Thanks//Beth

Home Ec is now called Family and Consumer Science

Interior Design is an art form
it requires an understanding of space, form, and color and more than a bit
of architectural knowledge
the true value is only developed in an art program

but then there are lots of programs out there that produce decorators

Patty

---