Photoshop group....off-list

---------

From: Patricia Knott (pknott_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue May 28 2002 - 19:29:20 PDT

> the differences between
> Elements, Photoshop 5.0 and Photoshop 6.0. There doesn't seem to be much
> difference between them according to this list.

I think Elements is perfectly suitable for middle school, and even beginning
high school. It offers many of the bells and whistles and certainly enough
to do cool manipulations. It has limitations in the channels and paths
operations. The biggest difference between 5.0 and 6.0 is the history
palette. I believe 7.0 was specifically developed to be compatible with Mac
OX and I'm not sure what else it offers.

A few hours of instruction in PhotoShop only skims the surface. Anyone who
has worked with the program will tell you that. Hold the mouse down on any
tool and you are offered more possibilities. key board commands lead to
even more possibilities.
It's an incredibly sophisticated program.
But if all you want to do is "make a little noise" Elements should meet the
purpose. And especially for the price.

Patty

---