Re: art and poetry

---------

From: Susan M Kipp (smkipp_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue May 28 2002 - 16:25:06 PDT

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: christine kotarsky
  Subject: art and poetry

  Has anyone done a lesson that integrated poetry on the elementary level? Please share
  Thanks in advance
  Christine
  ---
  Christine, I, too like Pictures in Poetry. This spring I used some of the examples in it for a really fun lesson on concrete poetry. I also used Shel Silverstein's Giraffe poem. The poems were the images.
  We also did wonderful Color Poem Collages after reading Hailstones and Halibut Bones. I have both the original and the new edition.
   And I did the haiku thing on wet on wet watercolor paintings that came out gorgeous.
  Susan in OR

---