Re: schedules

---------

From: Susan M Kipp (smkipp_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue May 28 2002 - 13:08:49 PDT

----- Original Message -----
From: <lin@altmanink.com>
Does anyone out there have experience with schedules that have
elementary grade level art rotating with music every six weeks?
Hi Lin-- this year my schedule is such that I have a little more than half
of the k-5ers every other quarter while the other half goes to integrated
arts (movement, drama, music). The daily schedule is such that every two
classes switch from me to PE or Library. For example, while one fifth grade
class is in PE, the other 5th grade class is with me. Then we switch. There
are 3 of these pairings each day. Integrated Arts does the same thing. Then
in the 7th slot I have kind of a crazy schedule.The kids all go to PE and
library at least once a week all year.
Next year this will all change because (as of today--it could get worse) I
have been cut to .8, so has library. PE has been cut to .5 and Integrated
Arts has been cut altogether.

---